Sometimes Chris and I will walk to Whole Foods to get lunch at one of their many hot bars. The selection is always so extensive, but I have a few regulars that I always gravitate towards. This Smoked Mozzarella and Penne Salad is one of them. I was stoked to find a duplicate recipe online so that I can now make this in the comfort of my own home. Smoked Mozzarella gives the salad a really unique flavor, while the Parmesan dressing makes it fresh and light. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 and 1/2 tsp.)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, washed and stemmed
- 2 small jars roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 pound smoked Mozzarella cheese, diced
For salad: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain the pasta into a colander, run cold water over it or submerge it in ice water until chilled through, and drain well.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, spinach, roasted red peppers, and smoked mozzarella. Pour dressing over top and chill until ready to serve.
Source: Group Recipes