We absolutely loved this salad. I'm always looking for a healthy main course that's filling and delicious, and this definitely worked for us. The dressing was crisp and light, and since the chicken is marinated in the same dressing it adds extra flavor to the salad. I'll definitely be making this one again soon. Enjoy!
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 boneless chicken thigh fillets, skin removed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Shredded cheese, for serving (optional)
Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry pepper and onion strips until cooked to your liking, or about 7 minutes.
Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, avocado slices, peppers, onion strips and chicken. Drizzle with remaining marinade/dressing and serve with (optional) extra cilantro leaves, sour cream and cheese.
Source: Adapted from Cafe Delights