- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. flank steak, cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice or Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
Spray 1 1/2- to 2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place onion and peppers. Top with beef. Sprinkle with chili powder, oregano, garlic and salt. Drizzle with lime juice. Add broth. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8-10 hours.
About 20 minutes before serving, cook rice as directed on package.
Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred beef with 2 forks; return to cooker and mix well. Stir in black beans. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 5 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated. Serve beef and sauce over rice.
Source: Adapted from Pillsbury