- 2 (15 oz.) cans pork & beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can butter beans (or cannellini beans or navy beans, anything but garbanzo beans), drained & rinsed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed (more if you like it cheesy)
- 1 (15 oz.) can chunk pineapple, drained (more if you like)
- 1/2 lb. bacon, crispy and crumbled (more if you like)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix beans, cheese and pineapple in a 9x13" baking dish.
Cook bacon until crispy. Drain excess fat, leaving 1-2 tablespoons to cook the onions in. Once the bacon is cooled, crumble and set aside.
Add the onions to the skillet with the bacon grease. When the onions are soft, add the sugar, ketchup and Worcestershire. Heat until boiling.
Add the hot onion mixture to the bean mixture. Mix in bacon crumbles. Cover with foil and bake covered for about 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the beans are set.
Source: My Mom