- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch baking dish or pie plate with parchment. With a serrated knife, cut off the top 1/2 inch from each tomato. With a spoon or a melon baller, gently remove seeds and inner membrane, being careful not to break through flesh of tomato. Place tomatoes in dish and season with salt and pepper.
Divide corn among tomatoes. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and chives and season with salt and pepper. Divide egg mixture among tomatoes and top with cheese. Bake until egg mixture is set, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm.
Source: Adapted from Martha Stewart