- 1 cup pastina pasta (or any small pasta)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup Rotisserie chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Italian flavored diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup part-skim Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp. butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain pasta and put into a large mixing bowl.
Meanwhile, put the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, stirring to combine, and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
Put onions and cubed chicken into the bowl with the cooked pasta. Add the canned tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Place the mixture in a greased 9x9" baking dish.
In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta mixture. Dot the top with small bits of butter.
Bake until the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Source: Adapted from Food Network