What a perfect soup to cozy up to on these cold nights. It's creamy and decadent, and the cheese-filled tortellini just add to the mix. The soup is flavorful enough on it's own, but every once in a while you'll get a bite of perfect sundried tomatoes or tortellini bursting with cheese flavor. Serve this with a crusty slice of bread on the side, and your night will be made. Enjoy!
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup jarred sundried tomatoes in herbs
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 (9 oz.) package fresh cheese flavored tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish
When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, milk, chicken stock and spices. Bring to a simmer.
Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions. After tortellini is cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese
Source: Adapted from Key Ingredient