It's very easy to make and a nice little treat. I've been taking it to work to munch on during the day and it's a great late night snack, too. If you keep in in an airtight container it will keep for a couple weeks! Plus it tastes very similar to the packaged mix!
Oh, and if your team loses, it's light enough so if thrown at the TV in frustration it won't make too much of an impact.
- 3 cups Chex cereal (can use Corn, Rice or Wheat)
- 1/3 cup lightly salted almonds
- 1/3 cup bite size pretzels
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3/4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt, such as Lawry's
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
In large bowl, mix cereal, almonds and pretzels. Set aside.
In ungreased roasting pan, melt the butter in the oven. Add seasonings and mix well. Gradually stir in the cereal mixture until evenly coated. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Source: Adapted from Chex