Instead of making sandwiches with the leftover meat I defrosted I went another route and made tacos. I added some extra seasoning and some veggies I had on hand and it made a delicious filling for a classic soft taco. If you don't have all the veggies I listed on hand, feel free to save yourself a trip to the store and just leave them out (or replace them with your favorites!). Anything works in this recipe since the beef is already packed with lots of flavor. Enjoy!
- 4 cups shredded beef, from this recipe
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 lime, juiced
- Tortillas, for serving (optional)
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Salsa, for serving (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped, for serving (optional)
Add the beef, beans, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika and lime juice to the skillet. Stir to combine. Heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Serve beef mixture in a tortilla with sour cream, salsa and cilantro.
Source: SK Original