- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Creamy Brownie Frosting (recipe follows)
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Add chocolate chips and combine well. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare Creamy Brownie Frosting; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.
Creamy Brownie Frosting
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tbsp. Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 tbsp. light corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
Source: Adapted from Hershey's