Everyone says seafood and cheese don't mix. Well I've got news for you.
I was somewhat hesitant before making this meal, but I'm so glad I went through with it because this is the best meal I've made in a long time. The creaminess and tang of the feta cheese makes the tomato sauce thick and full of flavor. Make sure you have some bread on the side to sop up all the sauce, though. We made that mistake and I highly regret it. Enjoy!Printable Recipe
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 to 1 1/4 lbs. medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Pinch of salt, more to taste
- Pinch black pepper, more to taste
- 3 oz. feta cheese (about 2/3 cup, crumbled)
Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken a bit.
Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, or rice.
Source: Simply Recipes