I made this again for the Superbowl, and it was a huge hit. Since this sits in the crockpot all day, it takes minimal effort and the flavors blend to form a perfect concoction. There's a small kick, but add more red pepper flakes and/or some hot sauce it you want to spice it up a bit. I serve this with corn chips, sour cream and cheese, but feel free to use whatever your little heart desires. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 (29 oz.) can plus 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Corn bread
- Corn chips
Brown meat in skillet until cooked through. Once cooked, drain and add to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours.
Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and corn bread or corn chips. Enjoy!!
Source: SK Original