So, me being me, the preparations for Bradley's FIRST birthday party started about two months ago. Now that we're getting down to the wire and I don't have much free time, quick and delicious meals are my go-to for dinner. This chili is sans meat, but the lack of beef isn't even missing since the abundance of vegetables makes up for it. I packed in tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, onions and green peppers. This is great if you're in a rush and still want some comfort food for dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 (15 oz.) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions and green peppers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Mexican blend cheese, shredded, for serving (optional)
- Light sour cream, for serving (optional)
Serve in bowls garnished with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Source: SK Original